Find us on Google+

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

ban comic sans serif


The font: comic sans serif has been around for a while and there are some who are saying that it has been too long.

I don't know that the font needs to go away completely, but I will say that unless your presentation is specifically comic book themed, you should not use it. This font is the default font for terrible presentations. I don't know if people think that they are being fun or funky, but it just comes across as tacky. Don't use it. Don't. Ever.

On the topic of fonts. Keep it to no more than two fonts per presentation. One title font and one body font. I recently saw a resume where the applicant had four different fonts on the cover sheet of his resume. I didn't need to look any further. He could never get my vote.

What tips do you have about fonts?

No comments: