Find us on Google+

Monday, October 31, 2011

NaNoWriMo, Writing and Blogging

Once again I'm going to participate in the event known as NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month. The challenge is to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. That works out to 1,667 words a day, every day ,for the course of the month.

I did it in 2009 and it was awesome. It started me on the path to becoming a professional writer. Not that I'm making tons of money, but since successfully completing NaNoWriMo I have published an article, a book and become a contributing writer for a content providing company. So I make my living by writing. That's pretty cool.

This year I'm upping the ante, so to speak. I'm going to continue writing for my day job (about 2,000 words a day) plus I'm going to try to get a non-fiction book drafted by the end of the year (goal of 1,000 words a day) and I want to edit a previously written work to be ready for eBook publishing by November 11th. On top of that I want to write another 1,667 words a day on a fiction book that's been trapped in by brain since the summer of 2010. I'm not sure what will give out first, my brain, my fingers or my keyboard.

I may be a bit less prolific in my writing here, but just know it's for a good cause.

Are you going to NaNoWriMo? What motivates you to write?

No comments: