Find us on Google+

Monday, February 28, 2011

Poor February, So Short, So Lonely

It seems like February is the odd month out. Only 28 measly days, not even a 30 day month, let alone a big, tough 31 day month. The best it gets for February is once every four years when it gets an extra day, but even then it's still one day short of being a full month. And to top it all off, no one pronounces the "R" in the right place in February.

Here's my thought: what if we had 13 four week months? Make every month like February. That would give us 364 days, then we could have one day as New Year's Day and every four years we would get a two day New Year holiday to celebrate the leap year.

I move that the new month be called Jamesuary (or Woodtember) to continue the tradition of honoring the person who decided to add the new month.

Who's with me?

Also, I found this guy, only after I came up with my plan.

No comments: