Find us on Google+

Monday, August 24, 2009

Resources that go unnoticed

Of the most important resources for putting together a great presentation, I think the most neglected is pen-and-paper.

When it comes time to sit down and put visuals to your sermon it can be daunting to open a blank presentation and just be creative (ready . . . 1, 2, 3, GO).

When I'm preparing my sermon I spend time with the text and I take notes on what's going on. As images occur to me I jot them down. Sometimes this leads to dead-ends (people just don't remember "King Ralph" though it was a great movie). Other times it provides the foundation of my visuals.

More often than not, however, what I end up getting from my notes is a good start. Then when I start searching for images online things change again - I find a better picture or a different example that just works better.

But it all starts with pen and paper. My notebook is one of the most important tools I have for creating a good PowerPoint.

No comments: