Find us on Google+

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Toward a Theology of PowerPoint #2

"I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some." 1 Cor. 9:22

In using images to help communicate during a sermon we are engaging in what Paul did. We are becoming visual communicators to visual communicators so as to save some.

Even if you don't like it, you need to do it. This world is communicating in vastly different ways from even 10 years ago. Keep up or get out. I'm sorry for being blunt, but it is a poor excuse for a professional communicator who refuses to use the tools of communication available. It is even worse when one intentionally neglects methods which are increasingly popular.

If your goal is to keep people in the church happy, that's fine. My goal is the same as Paul's - to by all possible means save some. If I have to learn new technology, so be it. It's worth it to acheive the goal.

No comments: