Find us on Google+

Thursday, January 14, 2010

"Your Presentations Suck!"


I saw the blog post: "10 Big Reasons Your Presentations Suck!"

My favorite was #1 on the list.


REASON #1: Reading from your slides!

  • Diagnosis: You stood there and read your slides, one by one.


  • Why you did it: You are an idiot.


  • What resulted: The audience wanted to kill you after the third slide.


  • How to fix it: Nothing.  You’re hopeless.  Now go away.



The rest of the points make for a good read. But the real take away here is that most of the problems with PowerPoint exist between the keyboard and the chair. In the IT industry it's know as an Eye-Dee-Ten-Tee error . . . think about it . . . (ID - 10 - T or ID10T). Wait, I'm not calling my readers any names - that's not what I meant. Er . . . moving on . . .

If you don't want to have bad PowerPoint presentations, don't be a bad presenter, and stop blaming that poor innocent software for your mistakes.

No comments: