Find us on Google+

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

2011: The Year Ahead (part 3)

Trying new things is difficult. You might fail. You might look bad. You might need to try again. The thing about change is that it usually means things are going to get more difficult before they get better. Change breaks down the familiar routines and forces us to move into the unknown.

This year I'm going to try some radically new things. My wife and I move into a house with a family (husband, wife and two kids) and a single woman. We are working with them toward planting a church in Downtown Vancouver, Washington starting this year. We are living together to find new ways to express Christian community, hospitality, and generosity.

I'm starting an consulting firm called Envision Presentations. I hope to be able to provide training and resources for churches and businesses to present in powerful, visually stimulating ways. But that means I'm starting from scratch with nothing, no client base, no resources.

Change will cause challenges. Are you up to the challenge? Are you ready to make visual presentation a part of your skill set?

No comments: