Find us on Google+

Friday, January 07, 2011

2011: The Year Ahead (part 5)

Self promotion is a weird thing. If you are an entrepreneur you need to talk about yourself and what you're doing. You need to spread the news about your projects and products so that your can build your brand and your business. But being a self-promoter can smack of pride and greed.

Am I telling people about my business because I think I'm the best person in the world? No, not really. I know that there are many presenters and trainers that are better than me. I'm sharing about my business because I want to help the people around me get better.

Am I charging for my business because all I care about is money? No, not really. I need to charge because if I don't then I can't keep producing high quality work. If I don't charge then the people receiving my work won't value it as highly and won't put in as much work to learn what I'm trying to teach.

Self promotion is a weird game. How do you deal with it?

No comments: