Find us on Google+

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Embed PowerPoint Presentations to the Web

The ability to embed presentations isn't new by any stretch. But it is a new feature native to the PowerPoint ecosystem. I've highlighted solutions like SlideShare in the past. The benefit to using native PowerPoint features is that you don't have to convert the file and run the risk of formatting getting messed up in the process. But you still don't have any transitions and the interface is relatively slow and clunky. I especially miss the ability to sync up an mp3 with the presentation when I'm hosting sermons that I've preached. Since my philosophy is to have the visuals be a secondary source of communication it's important to connect the verbal channel as well.

Embedded below is a PowerPoint presentation from the Microsoft site.

No comments: