Find us on Google+

Monday, October 11, 2010

PPT Remote Review

I mentioned PPT Remote a little while ago and I've just had a chance to do some quick testing with it. Overall it's a good, solid, easy-to-use app that allowed me to run my presentation from my phone over the wifi connection. I could go back and forth through the slides with a swipe of my finger or a tap. It showed me the title of the next slide and gave me the option of seeing any notes for the slide.

For some reason I couldn't get the preview of the slides to come up on the phone. This doesn't kill the usefulness, but it would be nice to have. I will probably stay with the notes view most of the time anyway. It does have a notation/mouse mode where you can draw on the slide or use any mouse features right from the phone. It was pretty cool.

There are definitely some great features here, but I'm not too sure about the support that this app is getting from its developer. I would hate to find myself stuck without anyone to help if this thing broke down. If you're a techie early-adopter, this might be a good tool for you, but if you need things to just work, I'd avoid this for now. I give it 4 out of 5 amens.

No comments: