Find us on Google+

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Prayer and Preaching

My blog is often focused on practical tips and technology that can be used in preaching, but I want to make sure to say that no technology or tip can replace the moving of the Spirit of God. The single most important thing that I do in preaching preparation and delivery is to pray that God speak his words to his people for his glory.

I firmly believe that when Peter says that we should speak as those speaking the words of the Lord (1 Peter 4:11) that he's telling us that God will provide us words to speak, just as he provides us strength to serve. But if I get so caught up in the process and the practice of preaching, I'm tempted to lose the source.

How do you stay connected to God as the source of your sermons?

No comments: