Find us on Google+

Monday, August 02, 2010

Online Photo Editing: Picnik.com

Update: As of April 19, 2012, Google is closing down Picnik. It was fun while it lasted.

I recently heard about the online photo editing tool Picnik.com so I decided to give it a try. I played with a picture that should be familiar to regular blog readers. In picnik you are able to upload, edit, and save your picture back to your computer. You don't have to sign up for an account or use their online storage (this is a huge plus in my book). The process was fast and simple, yet with powerful tools. I was able to crop, adjust the exposure, color, and sharpness of the image. They also have a red-eye tool, but that didn't apply to this image.

I was impressed by how fast and simple picnik is to use, there was very little waiting between actions and when I clicked "Undo" it was instantaneous. If you need to edit some photos for your next presentation, but Photoshop isn't in the budget, then consider using picnik. It's a great, free tool.

Compare to the original, un-edited photo below.




No comments: